Evgeny Lepekhin wrote an anti-thread on how to ruin your life:
How to suck at anything (anti-thread):
— Evgeny Lepekhin (@evgenylepekhin) September 4, 2022
I added my two pennies worth to the wisdom:
- When starting a project, always shoot for the moon — because if you’re not the best at what you do, you don’t matter.
- Dream of an ideal world. Every time the reality turns out to be different, be sure to get overly emotional.
- Don’t appreciate yourself for anything you’ve done. Remember: it’s never enough. Never.
- Deprive yourself of things (and people) you love because you don’t deserve them.
- Finally, stay where you’ve been born: it defines you now and has to define you for the rest of your life. Also, nobody needs you where you will go.
If I’m honest, these are the mistakes I myself have been making for the most of my life. Don’t think my life’s already ruined, though: at least, I can see them.